Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find My unavailable, unable to connect to server

When I try to use Find My on my iMac, it comes up with the Devices tab just saying "Locate Your iPhone and Other Devices" with a button to "Open iCloud Settings...". After a few seconds, a popup says "Find My unavailable, unable to connect to server". A circle appears on the map showing the (more or less) correct location of my iMac.

I have enabled Find My for this iMac in iCloud Settings. I have enabled Location Services, and enabled Find My under Location Services, and the System Preferences pane indicates that Find My has used Location Services. As near as I can tell, it is set up and ready to go.

Find My works on my iPhone and on my MacBook Pro, using the same wireless network, so this shouldn't be an Internet connectivity issue. My iMac is connected to my AppleID, and I can read iCloud mail, use Messages, and so on.

iMac 27″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jun 4, 2022 7:25 AM

7 replies

Jun 4, 2022 2:08 PM in response to AngelOfToast

User Wrote " When I try to use Find My on my iMac, it comes up with the Devices tab just saying "Locate Your iPhone and Other Devices" with a button to "Open iCloud Settings...". After a few seconds, a popup says "Find My unavailable, unable to connect to server". A circle appears on the map showing the (more or less) correct location of my iMac.

Have just opened the same Application as yours, on a M1 MBA running Monterey 12.4.

What concerns me is the " with a button to "Open iCloud Settings..." and then " Find My unavailable, unable to connect to server"

This is what I am getting upon using the Find My application - without revealing my True Location in the Screen Shot below

All the listed devices are using the Same Apple ID and Find My enabled on all devices

Perhaps at the time of your Testing - the Apple Service was malfunctioning or not at all ??

System Status

Jun 4, 2022 2:20 PM in response to PRP_53

System Status says Find My is fine right now, and it is not working on this iMac at this moment. I see none of my other devices under the Devices tab. (This has all been the case for the past week, since I first tried to set up Find My on my iMac, in order to find my iPhone...) At this same time, Find My works just fine on my MacBook Pro and on my iPhone. As I said, both of my Macs are using the same AppleID (in fact I just played around with Universal Control for the first time -- cool!).

Find My unavailable, unable to connect to server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.