Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have a macbook pro and can't add canon PIXMA TR8622 printer

I can't cannot my mac book pro to a canon PIXMA TR8622 printer

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 4, 2022 8:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2022 10:05 AM

As long as you have it networked, either wired or wirelessly, the PIXMA TR8622 device is supported by Apple's built-in AirPrint, and no drivers are necessary from Canon. Do the following with the printer powered and networked…

In System Preferences > Printers & Scanners, control-click on the TR8622 printer entry in Printers, and select Reset printing system… That will remove the printer, and then you click [+] to add printer. This will open a bonjour discovery panel and your networked printer should appear. Click the printer entry, and the rest of the panel will fill out, auto-select appears in the Use: field, and then AirPrint will appear. Click Add.

You should be able to print, and scanning occurs using Apple's Image Capture application in the /Applications folder.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2022 10:05 AM in response to llcspg

As long as you have it networked, either wired or wirelessly, the PIXMA TR8622 device is supported by Apple's built-in AirPrint, and no drivers are necessary from Canon. Do the following with the printer powered and networked…

In System Preferences > Printers & Scanners, control-click on the TR8622 printer entry in Printers, and select Reset printing system… That will remove the printer, and then you click [+] to add printer. This will open a bonjour discovery panel and your networked printer should appear. Click the printer entry, and the rest of the panel will fill out, auto-select appears in the Use: field, and then AirPrint will appear. Click Add.

You should be able to print, and scanning occurs using Apple's Image Capture application in the /Applications folder.

i have a macbook pro and can't add canon PIXMA TR8622 printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.