Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what should I do ? My Mac Book Pro M1 was stolen in Athens Greece. I am back inthe Us now and wonder what I can do to protect my information on my Mac. I already locked it on the I cloud. What more can I do to get back my info.

my mac book pro 13 in M1 was stolen in athens greece. what should I do to keep my information safe

Posted on Jun 4, 2022 9:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2022 9:36 AM

Protect my information:

If you locked your Mac with Find-My-Mac, your information is not accessible and no one can log on except with "guest" which does not allow access to your files and does not allow ANY new files to be stored (all "Guest" files are removed on logout).

Get back my information:

Restore to a different computer from the disk-based backups (such as Time machine backups) you have been making over time.

If you have Not been making backups on a regular basis, this will be a painful and expensive lesson. Computer data is fragile, and you MUST have backups.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2022 9:36 AM in response to sshep13

Protect my information:

If you locked your Mac with Find-My-Mac, your information is not accessible and no one can log on except with "guest" which does not allow access to your files and does not allow ANY new files to be stored (all "Guest" files are removed on logout).

Get back my information:

Restore to a different computer from the disk-based backups (such as Time machine backups) you have been making over time.

If you have Not been making backups on a regular basis, this will be a painful and expensive lesson. Computer data is fragile, and you MUST have backups.

what should I do ? My Mac Book Pro M1 was stolen in Athens Greece. I am back inthe Us now and wonder what I can do to protect my information on my Mac. I already locked it on the I cloud. What more can I do to get back my info.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.