Coming soon: Apple Event on 9/9 at 10 a.m. PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV HDMI ARC Homepod minis through TCL 55P8S model Trouble

I manage to make my set of homepod mini work with my TCL tv as default speaker through arc although everytime i want to watch and listen through it, I need to re-set the hdmi amplifier settings back to TV then back to Apple TV 4K. Im using 8k hdmi at the moment. I think its so cool but the hassle of setting up everytime i open my tv makes me think of not using it at the moment. Any advise you can give me? Thank you!

[Edited by Moderator]

HomePod mini, 15

Posted on Jun 4, 2022 2:40 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Jun 4, 2022 3:54 PM in response to MarkD324

MarkD324 wrote:
I manage to make my set of homepod mini work with my TCL tv as default speaker through arc although everytime i want to watch and listen through it, I need to re-set the hdmi amplifier settings back to TV then back to Apple TV 4K.
[...]

Does it make a difference to turn on the ATV4K first? Ideally it would work by turning on the ATV4K and allowing it to wake the TV via HDMI CEC... but it might require a TV restart after the ATV4K is fully awake and connected to the homepods? I suspect that the TCL may reset the audio output on startup when the ATV4K hasn't booted up fully and appears to be missing.

Apple TV HDMI ARC Homepod minis through TCL 55P8S model Trouble

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.