Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I turn off my iPhone XS without the slide bar?

Can I turn off my iPhone X without the slide bar, without restarting it?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XS

Posted on Jun 4, 2022 9:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2022 9:51 PM

ShiKan Said:

"iPhone XS: Can I turn off my iPhone X without the slide bar, without restarting it?"

-------

Turning Off an iPhone:

Shut this down through Settings...

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Shut Down
  4. Drag: the slider
4 replies

Jun 5, 2022 8:44 AM in response to ShiKan

ShiKan Said:

"iPhone XS: The problem is that my screen isn’t responsive. And the keyboard has gone haywire and keeps picking buttons and numbers/letter on its own, which is what I’m trying to avoid.

———-

Thank you for clarifying your post.

I’ve seen this posted quite a few times recently on these forums, and my guess is that it is a bug in the current update.

What to Consider:

A. Restore from Today's Backup:

IMPORTANT: Be certain you backup your iPhone prior to making any major changes to it (i.e. installing updates). That way, you will have something to restore your iPhone from should anything go wrong afterwards. If you never made a backup, then take this as a learning experience, knowing to always do so.

B. "Other" Storage being the Culprit:

Use this Link: How to Check the Storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support. The storage named "Other" is the grey bar. So, to clear that, this is what to perform: Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

C. Reset to Factory Settings:

If you cannot get this to go away, then reset your iPhone to factory settings. Perform as instructed here, including the backup: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

D. Report this to Apple:

Do your part: Let Apple know what is going on here. Provide them with feedback on this. They may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is going on, and what fixes need to be provided in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on when the issue began, and how you have troubleshot it thus far. Include the URL of this post.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Jun 6, 2022 9:22 AM in response to ShiKan

ShiKan wrote:

The problem is that my screen isn't responsive. And the keyboard has gone haywire and keeps pushings buttons and numbers/letters on its own, which is what i'm trying to avoid.

It sounds as if your touchscreen may be failing. I'd make arrangements to have it evaluated as soon as possible:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Can I turn off my iPhone XS without the slide bar?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.