Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there another way to shut off iPhone X not using screen?

Am keeping my iPhone X for development purposes.

But the screen is wonky so I can’t swipe the slider to power down. Any switch combo I have found only does a restart.

is there anyway via my Mac, or whatever, to tell the iPhone X to power down?

Posted on Jun 27, 2022 11:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2022 6:13 PM

Finally found a solution that worked, here,. Just make sure you read the instructions carefully, as I got confused on the "second time" bit.

There are various reasons why your screen may stop responding such as faulty updates and crashing apps. Your screen may also just be broken. If you find yourself in this situation, here are the steps to take to turn off your iPhone without using the touch screen:

Press and release the Volume Up button. Do not long-press or hold the button.
Do the same to the Volume Down button. Press and immediately release.
Press and hold the Lock/Unlock button until your iPhone screen turns off, turns on, and shuts off again. Once the Apple logo disappears from the screen for the second time, release the Lock/Unlock button.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2022 6:13 PM in response to razmee209

Finally found a solution that worked, here,. Just make sure you read the instructions carefully, as I got confused on the "second time" bit.

There are various reasons why your screen may stop responding such as faulty updates and crashing apps. Your screen may also just be broken. If you find yourself in this situation, here are the steps to take to turn off your iPhone without using the touch screen:

Press and release the Volume Up button. Do not long-press or hold the button.
Do the same to the Volume Down button. Press and immediately release.
Press and hold the Lock/Unlock button until your iPhone screen turns off, turns on, and shuts off again. Once the Apple logo disappears from the screen for the second time, release the Lock/Unlock button.

Is there another way to shut off iPhone X not using screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.