Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari tabs not working

I am using a MacBook Pro (running Monterey 12.4), an iPhone 13 running iOS 15.5 and an iPad Pro running iOS 15.5. All are logged into the same iCloud account, all have Safari checked in the iCloud settings and all are on the same Wi-Fi network but I cannot see any Safari tabs other than the ones on each individual device.

I’ve had this problem for a couple of years and Apple Support don’t seem to have an answer. Most of the responses here just direct me to articles explaining the benefits of Safari tabs or telling me I need to switch Safari on, make sure I’m in the same iCloud account etc but I have tried all that.

I did find one article that suggested I get the Debug menu in Safari and click ‘Sync iCloud history’ but this didn’t help either.

is there anything else that anyone has tried that might fix this?

Thx

thx

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Jun 4, 2022 11:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2022 4:13 AM

The issue that you are trying to describe is unclear. Reading between the lines, I suspect that you are trying to use iCloud Tabs - and are expecting to see which Safari tabs are open on other devices from a new Stage Page tab?

First, ensure that your have enabled iCloud Tabs in Safari. From a Safari Start Page, scroll to the bottom and tap the Edit button; ensure that you have enabled iCloud Tabs:

You can reposition iCloud Tabs on your Start Page, relative to other selected items, by sliding the “hamburger” icon up or down the list.

If iCloud Tabs are still not visible on your iPad, you should be able to clear the issue by deleting a single cookie from your Safari cache:

Settings > Safari > Advanced > Website Data - Delete cookie: cdn-apple.com

More information about iCloud Tabs can be found here:

Set up and use iCloud Tabs - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2022 4:13 AM in response to Cobbyco

The issue that you are trying to describe is unclear. Reading between the lines, I suspect that you are trying to use iCloud Tabs - and are expecting to see which Safari tabs are open on other devices from a new Stage Page tab?

First, ensure that your have enabled iCloud Tabs in Safari. From a Safari Start Page, scroll to the bottom and tap the Edit button; ensure that you have enabled iCloud Tabs:

You can reposition iCloud Tabs on your Start Page, relative to other selected items, by sliding the “hamburger” icon up or down the list.

If iCloud Tabs are still not visible on your iPad, you should be able to clear the issue by deleting a single cookie from your Safari cache:

Settings > Safari > Advanced > Website Data - Delete cookie: cdn-apple.com

More information about iCloud Tabs can be found here:

Set up and use iCloud Tabs - Apple Support

Jun 5, 2022 5:53 AM in response to LotusPilot

Hi, thanks and yes that's exactly what my problem is. Following your response and doing a bit more research I found this article that explains how Apple changed the way this function works which explains why it disappeared. Between your response and this article hopefully others will be able to resolve this.

When I looked the box was checked but unchecking and checking it again on all my devices sorted it

I'll also forward this info to the Apple higher tier support team as they are also unaware of this change and how to resolve it!

Thx again.

https://www.applemust.com/how-to-use-icloud-tabs-in-safari-now-apple-has-changed-it/

Safari tabs not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.