Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 15.5 has killed CarPlay

Two weeks ago apple CarPlay stopped working.

I have 2 phones which both worked fine in 2 different vehicles. They both updated to 15.5 and now they don't connect via cable or wireless.

My son's phone is still on IOS 15.1 and that connects and works fine.

I have researched the life out of this for the last 2 weeks and tried every suggestion available.

Still unable to connect.

This needs to be fixed soon please.

iPhone XS Max, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 5, 2022 2:15 AM

11 replies

Jun 6, 2022 7:24 AM in response to Oakley229

Hi Oakley229,

To clarify, is this the stock stereo for your vehicles or an aftermarket one with which CarPlay no longer works?

If it's the stock stereo, we'd recommend checking with your vehicle manufacturers to ensure there's no firmware updates available.

Next, just to confirm, did you try the steps outlined here?

Let us know and we'll continue from there.

Cheers!

Jun 6, 2022 9:37 AM in response to DerekM87

It’s a new Alpine Halo 11, fitted on the 21st April 22, it worked fine for 3weeks and then stopped connecting via cable or wireless.

yes I have tried all the steps you mentioned.

My son’s iPhone still on 15.1 works fine but my personal phone and work phone on 15.5 have stopped connecting.

My work van also has CarPlay and this also doesn’t work now. But does on my sons phone on 15.1.

Jun 6, 2022 9:57 AM in response to Oakley229

Hello I am Leo from the Netherlands 2 month ago I build a new radio in my car I work with the app Spotify with Bluetooth I have also downloaded the latest version of iOS normally when I get in my car then my radio connect with Spotify the only thing that I have some problem with is sometimes it connected but I have no sound two things I restart the app and the other thing I shut down my radio and I put on again then everything is okay

Jul 15, 2022 11:19 PM in response to Oakley229

I’m having the same issue. You would have thought after the last update this happened Apple would have permanently repaired the fix.

I don’t have Car Play or Bluetooth and only use USB. My phone isn’t registering at all. It is so frustrating after going through the countless fixes on the net to no avail.

My phone was working fine before this new fix. What is going on Apple?!

Jul 18, 2022 3:52 AM in response to Oakley229

It’s funny, one day Apple CarPlay was there, the next it wouldn’t connect to several vehicles. They have tried to tell me that it’s the vehicle which is not on their list of compatible vehicles because it is in Australia. Funny thing is it was working perfectly. Apple support “techs” have about as much common sense as a paper bag. I have spent several hours on the phone trying to resolve the issue but they keep saying there’s nothing wrong with my phone.

IOS 15.5 has killed CarPlay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.