Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Simultaneous Connections to MacBook Air 2019

I wish to migrate my Timemachine backups from one external drive to a new one. Advice is it can take many hours to transfer. My problem is keeping power connected and two external drives connected on a device that has only two usb-c ports. How can I get around this please?

Mac mini, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jun 5, 2022 3:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2022 6:47 AM

Why not just create a whole new TM backup? As long as your computer is operating normally, the short period of time without a complete backup is very likely not going to be any more than a very small risk.

In my opinion, you need a pair of TM backups for enhanced data security. Create a new TM back on HDD2 and then create a new backup on the original.

You only need one data port for either of these suggestions.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2022 6:47 AM in response to eddiebaby

Why not just create a whole new TM backup? As long as your computer is operating normally, the short period of time without a complete backup is very likely not going to be any more than a very small risk.

In my opinion, you need a pair of TM backups for enhanced data security. Create a new TM back on HDD2 and then create a new backup on the original.

You only need one data port for either of these suggestions.

Simultaneous Connections to MacBook Air 2019

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.