Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fans MacBook 16 M1 Pro

simple question: is it normal that in my MacBook 16 M1 Pro the fans run with a difference of 100 revolutions per minute even though they are not occluded? should I take it in for inspection? To monitoring I'm using the automatic tool of parallels.

Thanks

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Jun 5, 2022 8:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2022 9:05 AM

gianlu191 wrote:

simple question: is it normal that in my MacBook 16 M1 Pro the fans run with a difference of 100 revolutions per minute even though they are not occluded? should I take it in for inspection? To monitoring I'm using the automatic tool of parallels.

Thanks

If it ain't broke don't fix it...

Are you having an issue?

You do not have to micro-manage the cooling system on your Mac, let the macOS work for you.

If in doubt delete the "automatic tool of parallels." and stop looking at it.

if you think you have a fan issue— run the Apple Diagnostic

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2022 9:05 AM in response to gianlu191

gianlu191 wrote:

Thanks

If it ain't broke don't fix it...

Are you having an issue?

You do not have to micro-manage the cooling system on your Mac, let the macOS work for you.

If in doubt delete the "automatic tool of parallels." and stop looking at it.

if you think you have a fan issue— run the Apple Diagnostic

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

Fans MacBook 16 M1 Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.