Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Beats Monster Studio headphones give a red light when powered, but do nada after

I have Beats Monster Studio S/N A508695 headphones which give a red light when powered, but do nada after. New to this so if you have any first steps, much appreciated. I’ve tried restarting resetting, etc. There’s only the one red light when switched on, no others exist. Got them used and “in operating condition”. Do I have to download an app to my iPad, iPhone?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 5, 2022 9:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2022 11:52 AM

Wow, if they use batteries, that's an old set of headphones. Did you put them in pairing mode to see if you can pair them with your iPad? You would have to do that to be able to use them.

Press and hold the power button on them until you see the light flashing. If you see that, go to Settings > Bluetooth> and if they appear there, tap them to pair them. If you get that far, they should tell you they are paired there and you would be able to listen to them.

It these are not Bluetooth capable headphones, you would need to connect them to your iPad via cable to your device.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2022 11:52 AM in response to SweetLorettaMartin

Wow, if they use batteries, that's an old set of headphones. Did you put them in pairing mode to see if you can pair them with your iPad? You would have to do that to be able to use them.

Press and hold the power button on them until you see the light flashing. If you see that, go to Settings > Bluetooth> and if they appear there, tap them to pair them. If you get that far, they should tell you they are paired there and you would be able to listen to them.

It these are not Bluetooth capable headphones, you would need to connect them to your iPad via cable to your device.

Beats Monster Studio headphones give a red light when powered, but do nada after

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.