Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I"m trying to forward a text message to another cell number.

I"m trying to forward a text message to another cell number. Apple unhelpfully tells me to set this up by going to settings/messages/'Text Message Forwarding'. It even has a picture showing what to do. But that item is totally missing on my phone. Typical user frustration--the picture doesn't match my screen. Feh.

Posted on Jun 5, 2022 10:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2022 10:47 AM

212OL4 wrote:

I"m trying to forward a text message to another cell number. Apple unhelpfully tells me to set this up by going to settings/messages/'Text Message Forwarding'. It even has a picture showing what to do. But that item is totally missing on my phone. Typical user frustration--the picture doesn't match my screen. Feh.

That link under related articles that you're referring is forwarding text message to your other devices not another phone number.

You would to need to hold down on said text - more and check mare that text and hi the arrow icon at the bottom right then you can add the number, or screen the text and send it.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2022 10:47 AM in response to 212OL4

212OL4 wrote:

That link under related articles that you're referring is forwarding text message to your other devices not another phone number.

You would to need to hold down on said text - more and check mare that text and hi the arrow icon at the bottom right then you can add the number, or screen the text and send it.

I"m trying to forward a text message to another cell number.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.