Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 Not keeping Wi-Fi connectivity

I recently bought an iPhone 13. Wi-Fi doesn’t stay connected in it. Doesn’t seem to be an issue with the Wi-Fi itself as my other Apple devices remain connected. What can i do?

Posted on Jun 5, 2022 1:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2022 2:03 PM

Try first to optimize the range of the mobile network, see this Apple article:

If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad

If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Optimize the Wi-Fi connection, see Connect to Wi-Fi on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Connect to Wi-Fi on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

If you need help with your Wi‑Fi password

If you need help with your Wi‑Fi password - Apple Support

If they are On, turn Off Hotspot & VPN.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2022 2:03 PM in response to dayna78

Try first to optimize the range of the mobile network, see this Apple article:

If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad

If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Optimize the Wi-Fi connection, see Connect to Wi-Fi on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Connect to Wi-Fi on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

If you need help with your Wi‑Fi password

If you need help with your Wi‑Fi password - Apple Support

If they are On, turn Off Hotspot & VPN.

Jun 30, 2022 12:45 AM in response to Sapeca2

That means you use Public Wi-Fi, see this Apple article: Use captive Wi-Fi networks on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch

Use captive Wi-Fi networks on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support (UK)

• At some places like hotel & airport, you do need a password. You can ask the password to log in to their Wi-Fi.

• Normally logging in to Public W-Fi is automatic, because nowadays Public Wi-Fi is offered for free, in big cities, shopping centers, in Public Transport (bus & train), airport, restaurants and others, you no longer need a password.

• If at the moment you are away from home and there is no Public Wi-Fi, you have to use Mobile Data, for sure go to -> Settings -> Mobile network -> Mobile Data -> ON.

Jun 30, 2022 12:11 AM in response to dayna78

My issue is with non private Wi-Fi like in an airport or airline lounge. Because I travel often my phone automatically connects in airports, lounges and airplanes. Previously I had no issue but now the phone connects but will not allow me to use that connectivity and literally blocks EVERY use while on those networks. Whether it is WhatsApp, Safari, Mail, etc… I cannot connect and have to turn of my Wi-Fi to regain access via my cellular service. The issue is that typically airports have horrible cell service so Wi-Fi is a necessary evil but lately I have not been able to benefit.

iPhone 13 Not keeping Wi-Fi connectivity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.