Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 8 Wi-Fi not working

On my iPhone 8 I cannot connect to the Wi-Fi as no Wi-Fi connections show up on the connections menu, I can however still use my data. I’ve tried shutting down my phone which only makes the issue worse by making the Wi-Fi button grayed out and Reseting the network settings and hard restarting only seems to fix the issue for a couple of minutes before the previous issue comes back.

Posted on Jul 17, 2022 8:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2022 8:09 PM

Bambamdog Said:

"Phone 8 Wi-Fi not working: [...]Reseting the network settings and hard restarting only seems to fix the issue for a couple of minutes before the previous issue comes back."

-------

If Wi-Fi is Greyed-Out:

Try the Following in the Order Provided:

A. Disable Cellular:

Try disabling Cellular, and using Wi-Fi instead, seeing if that makes all the difference.

B. Try manually restarting your iPhone:

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Select: General
  3. Scroll to: the Very Bottom
  4. Select: Shut Down
  5. Slide Finger: to the Right
  6. Wait: 30 Seconds
  7. Power One: the iPhone
  8. Try this Once More

C. Update to: the latest version of iOS

As a Last Resort:

D. Restore form a Backup:

Have a backup of your iPhone? If you are not concerned with losing data, then restore your iPhone from a backup that was made when Wi-Fi was working. Prior to restoring, backup your iPhone, incase anything goes wrong with the restoration.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 17, 2022 8:09 PM in response to Bambamdog

Bambamdog Said:

"Phone 8 Wi-Fi not working: [...]Reseting the network settings and hard restarting only seems to fix the issue for a couple of minutes before the previous issue comes back."

-------

If Wi-Fi is Greyed-Out:

Try the Following in the Order Provided:

A. Disable Cellular:

Try disabling Cellular, and using Wi-Fi instead, seeing if that makes all the difference.

B. Try manually restarting your iPhone:

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Select: General
  3. Scroll to: the Very Bottom
  4. Select: Shut Down
  5. Slide Finger: to the Right
  6. Wait: 30 Seconds
  7. Power One: the iPhone
  8. Try this Once More

C. Update to: the latest version of iOS

As a Last Resort:

D. Restore form a Backup:

Have a backup of your iPhone? If you are not concerned with losing data, then restore your iPhone from a backup that was made when Wi-Fi was working. Prior to restoring, backup your iPhone, incase anything goes wrong with the restoration.

iPhone 8 Wi-Fi not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.