Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iPhone 12 cannot connect to wi-fi

I am having trouble connecting to wi-fi. It's grayed out. I have reset network settings, restarted the modem and restarted the phone

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 6, 2023 6:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2023 4:07 PM

Hi there wphayes,

Thank you for posting to Apple Support Communities.

We understand that your Wi-Fi is grayed out. It's some great troubleshooting that you have done. Is the iPhone updated to the latest version of iOS? You can check at Settings > General > Software Update

If you need to update and are not able to over cellular, you can use iTunes or Finder on a PC or Mac to do so: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If you do need to update, we encourage you to make sure you have a recent backup: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

If your iPhone is updated and you're still having an issue, we recommend checking with your local Apple Authorized Service Provider or Apple Store. You can locate them here: https://locate.apple.com/

That should help.

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2023 4:07 PM in response to wphayes

Hi there wphayes,

Thank you for posting to Apple Support Communities.

We understand that your Wi-Fi is grayed out. It's some great troubleshooting that you have done. Is the iPhone updated to the latest version of iOS? You can check at Settings > General > Software Update

If you need to update and are not able to over cellular, you can use iTunes or Finder on a PC or Mac to do so: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If you do need to update, we encourage you to make sure you have a recent backup: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

If your iPhone is updated and you're still having an issue, we recommend checking with your local Apple Authorized Service Provider or Apple Store. You can locate them here: https://locate.apple.com/

That should help.

Take care.

my iPhone 12 cannot connect to wi-fi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.