Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Conditional values based on Popup menu choice

Hello everybody. I saw a similar question formulated some time ago.

My question is this: is it possible with nowadays Numbers version to select an item from a popup menu in, let's say, CELL B1 containing only 3 items A) Manager B) Supervisor C) Worker and automatically place a hourly cost A) 50$ B) 30$ C) 20$ in adjacent CELL B2 - WITHOUT creating a second table and WITHOUT using VLOOKUP? - Values are just an example...

Something meaning IF B1=Manager then B2=50$, but directly inside the popup list - (or alternatively in the B2 CELL pointing to B2 popup list values)?

I saw there is a Conditional Highliting Rule inside the popup items, but I am not sure it can be used for the purpose I need.

I mean:

B1 popup list

Manager -> B2=$50

Supervisor ->B2=$30

Worker -> B2=$20

I am new in using Numbers, so I kindly ask you, if there is a formula to be inserted in B1 (or B2), to write it down exactly the way it should be put in that cell.

Thank you in advance.

Posted on Jun 5, 2022 4:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2022 7:59 PM

Try something like this:

B2 is formatted as Pop-Up menu.

The formula in C2 is:

=XLOOKUP(B2,{"Manager";"Supervisor";"Worker"},{50;30;20})

Or, if your region uses , as a decimal separator then the formula would be this:

=XLOOKUP(B2;{"Manager";"Supervisor";"Worker"};{50;30;20})

This simply checks B2 to see which choice you have made in the first set of { } and return the corresponding value from the second set of { }

Now, whenever you change your choice in B2 the number in C2 changes automatically.

SG

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2022 7:59 PM in response to AnthiasDiver

Try something like this:

B2 is formatted as Pop-Up menu.

The formula in C2 is:

=XLOOKUP(B2,{"Manager";"Supervisor";"Worker"},{50;30;20})

Or, if your region uses , as a decimal separator then the formula would be this:

=XLOOKUP(B2;{"Manager";"Supervisor";"Worker"};{50;30;20})

This simply checks B2 to see which choice you have made in the first set of { } and return the corresponding value from the second set of { }

Now, whenever you change your choice in B2 the number in C2 changes automatically.

SG

Conditional values based on Popup menu choice

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.