Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to stop AirTags drain iPhone battery

Installed Airtag for my Keys - while at home, it is draining the battery of my phone and my wifes phone. not using the phone overnight - batteries are completely drained and when viewing battery usage, 100% of the battery drain was caused by the find my app. removed the airtag and now battery is fine.

Any fix to this other than removal of airtag or turning off bluetooth on all phones?

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 5, 2022 4:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2022 10:45 AM

Hello KeithJohn1539,

It sounds like your AirTag is causing your iPhone battery to rapidly deplete.

First, make sure that all devices are fully updated: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

You mentioned that you removed the AirTag. Try setting up the AirTag again: Set up your AirTag using your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue continues, please contact Apple Support: Apple Support

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2022 10:45 AM in response to KeithJohn1539

Hello KeithJohn1539,

It sounds like your AirTag is causing your iPhone battery to rapidly deplete.

First, make sure that all devices are fully updated: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

You mentioned that you removed the AirTag. Try setting up the AirTag again: Set up your AirTag using your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue continues, please contact Apple Support: Apple Support

Take care.

how to stop AirTags drain iPhone battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.