Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Still no solution to the flaky Bluetooth on M1 Macs? My MAC mini has this issue too.

My issue is with a 2011 Apple Keyboard (KB) and Trackpad (TB) dropping the connections.  Apple 2nd level support tells me, “Older KB & TP different version of Bluetooth (BT). Newer BT version uses more power. That’s why the larger rechargeable batteries in new KB and TP. You’ll need to buy a new KB & TP.”; But I’m not convinced  because others are having Bluetooth issues with other devices too, headphones, game controllers, etc.  I’m changing the rechargeable batteries 1/ week but the KB & TP worked flawlessly on my 2011 iMac for 10 years.

Been through all the posts, used Terminal to reset Bluetooth, as there is no Reset in the Bluetooth Option menu for the MAC mini running Monterey. 

Now trying with Wi-Fi turned off.

We’ll see.

Mac mini, macOS 12.3

Posted on Jun 5, 2022 7:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2022 8:59 PM

GaryReginald Said:

"Still no solution to the flaky Bluetooth on M1 Macs? My MAC mini has this issue too."

-------

Troubleshooting M1 Mac Bluetooth:

About "Reset the Bluetooth Module":

See my User Tip: Use "Reset the Bluetooth module" to Fix Constant Bluetooth Disconnections - User Tip, Looking at my first comment on it, recommended to Apple that they bring this option back. They discontinued it on even macOS versions.

What else to do:

Try the following, in the order provided...

• Boot in Safe Mode:

[Hold Down: shift key, upon boot], In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, wait for 30 seconds, and then boot up normally, attempting another sync.

• Try a New Admin User:

What happens when you create a new administrator user, and log int it? Do you still get this error? If not, then it is likely an error with the current user. If so, then it is likely an error with your macOS.

as a last resort...

• Reinstall the macOS:

Go Here: How to Reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple Support

Important: First, Back Up your Mac:

Create a Time Machine backup of your Mac, so that you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reinstall. Take this as a learning experience, knowing to always create a backup of your Mac, prior to making any major changes to it (i.e. update installation)

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2022 8:59 PM in response to GaryReginald

GaryReginald Said:

"Still no solution to the flaky Bluetooth on M1 Macs? My MAC mini has this issue too."

-------

Troubleshooting M1 Mac Bluetooth:

About "Reset the Bluetooth Module":

See my User Tip: Use "Reset the Bluetooth module" to Fix Constant Bluetooth Disconnections - User Tip, Looking at my first comment on it, recommended to Apple that they bring this option back. They discontinued it on even macOS versions.

What else to do:

Try the following, in the order provided...

• Boot in Safe Mode:

[Hold Down: shift key, upon boot], In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, wait for 30 seconds, and then boot up normally, attempting another sync.

• Try a New Admin User:

What happens when you create a new administrator user, and log int it? Do you still get this error? If not, then it is likely an error with the current user. If so, then it is likely an error with your macOS.

as a last resort...

• Reinstall the macOS:

Go Here: How to Reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple Support

Important: First, Back Up your Mac:

Create a Time Machine backup of your Mac, so that you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reinstall. Take this as a learning experience, knowing to always create a backup of your Mac, prior to making any major changes to it (i.e. update installation)

Jun 5, 2022 8:10 PM in response to GaryReginald

Another thing to consider when it comes to Wi-Fi and Bluetooth interference/issues, are the high speed USB cables, drive and devices that are connected to the new Mac Mini.

see > Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference - Apple Support

As a test, I would disconnect and/or move any high speed USB cables, drives and devices that are near or in-between the Mac Mini, KB and TP to see if the wireless connection improves. The same should also be considered, if you have a week or dropping the Wi-Fi connection.

Still no solution to the flaky Bluetooth on M1 Macs? My MAC mini has this issue too.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.