Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac mini M1 bluetooth connectivity issues

I have the Mac mini M1 with the magic mouse, magic keyboard and trackpad connected and after a while of use the bluetooth module seems to struggle. The connection seems to cut out for very short intervals and 'catches up' all of a sudden. This only happens after a while of use.

I read a few articles where people were struggling with connecting to the M1 Macs with bluetooth but it seems like apple released a software update to fix it. However, this problem still hasn't been fixed, I have the latest software downloaded.

I have reset the bluetooth module and deleted the bluetooth plist. However, these have only been short term solutions.

It almost makes the mouse unusable and I am starting to regret buying it.

Is there another fix for this problem or is it a hardware issue?

Thank you.

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Jun 8, 2021 4:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2021 6:05 AM

Week and intermitant Bluetooth and Wi-Fi can be cause by poorly shielded USB-C and USB 3.0 cables and devices.

see "How to reduce wireless interference" at > https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201542

Similar questions

1 reply

Mac mini M1 bluetooth connectivity issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.