Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I see and manage playlists on the iPhone from the mac?

iPhone 13 Pro - iOS 15.5

MacBook Pro - macOS Monterey 12.4

Music app 1.2.4.3

iCloud music library not activated

The mac mounts the iPhone and it is listed in "devices" in the music app. In the Finder iPhone settings the option "Music, Movies and TV-Series manually managed" is turned on, and I can successfully manually copy playlists from the Mac to the iPhone. But I cannot see or edit the playlists that are on the iPhone. On the music app on the iPhone, the copied playlists show up correctly.

In earlier versions it was possible to see and edit the playlists on the iPhone through the mac, is this not possible anymore? What am I missing?

Btw. I don't want to automatically sync specific checked playlists, I want to fully manually manage them.

Thanks for any input!

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 6, 2022 2:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2022 12:26 PM

seanwassermann wrote:

In earlier versions it was possible to see and edit the playlists on the iPhone through the mac, is this not possible anymore? What am I missing?

No. Nothing.

Btw. I don't want to automatically sync specific checked playlists, I want to fully manually manage them.
Thanks for any input!

While I realise this isn't what you want to do, syncing with a selection of playlists that you manage can be just as flexible as manual management, allows ratings and play counts to be shared, and makes it much easier to restore media if you need to restore or replace the device.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2022 12:26 PM in response to seanwassermann

seanwassermann wrote:

No. Nothing.

Thanks for any input!

While I realise this isn't what you want to do, syncing with a selection of playlists that you manage can be just as flexible as manual management, allows ratings and play counts to be shared, and makes it much easier to restore media if you need to restore or replace the device.

tt2

How do I see and manage playlists on the iPhone from the mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.