Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

delete family sharing account and start over

i created a family sharing account for my daughter, but I would like to delete account and start over as I want to use a different Apple ID for itunes, books, app store etc. I would also like her to have her own apple ID. she is under 13

Posted on Jun 6, 2022 4:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2022 7:43 AM

See Leave Family Sharing - Apple Support and the section Disband a family group. Changing the account you use for Apple purchases generally leads to complications, particularly if you have purchased apps, as these can only be updated when you're signed into the ID that purchased them. See Authorization vs. association - Apple Community for some background.

It is also worth noting that any given Apple ID is limited in the frequency it can switch between family groups. If you leave/disband the one you have created now you might not be able to restart it, or your daughter might not be able to join a new family that you create.

tt2

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2022 7:43 AM in response to lona294

See Leave Family Sharing - Apple Support and the section Disband a family group. Changing the account you use for Apple purchases generally leads to complications, particularly if you have purchased apps, as these can only be updated when you're signed into the ID that purchased them. See Authorization vs. association - Apple Community for some background.

It is also worth noting that any given Apple ID is limited in the frequency it can switch between family groups. If you leave/disband the one you have created now you might not be able to restart it, or your daughter might not be able to join a new family that you create.

tt2

delete family sharing account and start over

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.