Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I remove my family sharing and set up a child account?

How can I remove family sharing and set up a child account with the same apple id?

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Jun 1, 2022 1:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2022 1:42 PM

Family Sharing is required to set up a child Apple ID with an age under 13. You cannot setup a child ID outside of Family Sharing.

Link-> Create an Apple ID for your child - Apple Support

If you already have an Apple ID that you wish to make into a child Apple ID, then all you need to do is to change its birth date: link-> Update the birth date associated with your Apple ID - Apple Support

Once the date is set to something that resolves to an age less than 13 it cannot be changed back except by Apple Support directly. Or by waiting until it naturally ages to an age equal to or greater than 13.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2022 1:42 PM in response to washington32

Family Sharing is required to set up a child Apple ID with an age under 13. You cannot setup a child ID outside of Family Sharing.

Link-> Create an Apple ID for your child - Apple Support

If you already have an Apple ID that you wish to make into a child Apple ID, then all you need to do is to change its birth date: link-> Update the birth date associated with your Apple ID - Apple Support

Once the date is set to something that resolves to an age less than 13 it cannot be changed back except by Apple Support directly. Or by waiting until it naturally ages to an age equal to or greater than 13.

Can I remove my family sharing and set up a child account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.