Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music Lossless Android 192khz

There are albums that supposedly have to reach the 192khz, whenever I play them those rarely reach the 192khz and just stay in 96khz.

How that could be fixed? (I have a digital music player that's how I know)

Posted on Jun 6, 2022 6:27 AM

3 replies

Jun 7, 2022 11:22 AM in response to saulo991

saulo991,

We appreciate the information.

The information here explains how to sample rates higher than 48 kHz:

"How to listen to lossless on your Android device

What you need

You can listen to lossless on an Android device with the latest version of the Apple Music app using:

• A wired connection to headphones, receivers, or powered speakers
  • To listen to songs at sample rates higher than 48 kHz, you might need an external digital-to-analog converter.*

*To see if your Android device requires an external digital-to-analog converter, check with your device's manufacturer.

How to turn lossless on or off

1. Open the Apple Music app.
  2. Tap the More button the More button.
  3. Tap Settings.
  4. Tap Audio Quality.
  5. Tap Lossless to turn it on or off. From here, you can choose the audio quality for streaming and downloading audio.
    • Lossless for a maximum resolution of 24-bit/48 kHz
    • Hi-Res Lossless for a maximum resolution of 24-bit/192 kHz"

This information is from About lossless audio in Apple Music - Apple Support.

If you need more help, please reach out to Apple directly: Get Support

Thanks.

Jun 7, 2022 11:01 AM in response to JovonaP.

This Album Chopin Nocturnes should be in 192khz, as you can see in the picture, at the rigth top of the screen the device shows 96 khz, the device has integrated a digital to analog converter.

Somehow there are albums in Apple Music that reachs the 192khz, but others doesn't, so this is an issue with the Apple music app, I'm a consumer of high resolution music apps and the rest of apps does it well, but Apple music has to improve the "bit-perfect", has to deliver well the bits of the tracks so the digital to analog converter matchs with the data the app is providing.

👍 Apple is doing good but ask to pleople that consume high resolution music apps and the "bit-perfect" is not doing well in the app, is the same with álbums that should be 48khz, the app just provides 44.1khz in some álbums.

Please report this to the app developer department so apple music can be the best option in the market 👍.

Apple Music Lossless Android 192khz

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.