Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi MacBook and Iphone issues

I can't seem to find an answer to what I have been experiencing. I was on the phone with Apple Tech for over an hour and a half. Since the last update on both my iPhone 12 ProMax and my MacBook Air, when connected to my home WiFi network, some websites work fine like YouTube and even some websites, but not always. When I check my email, on either device, one email may load just fine, another one will just spin like it's loading a huge file or something. I can switch off my Wifi on my iPhone and use cellular and both the email and websites starting loading and working fine. My internet has a perfect signal, (YouTube streams perfectly fine) plus my Wife works from a dell computer on the same Wifi network I am on and she has zero issues. Her iPhone and iPad are experiencing the same issues as my iPhone and MacBook. My internet download speed is a consistent 500 plus Mbps, upload is 42 mbps. The ping ms is 20. There is definitely some connection between my Wifi and the newest update. Never had the issues prior to the updates either so I really don't know what to do at this point. I can access a website one time, and the very next time I try, it just freezes. (When it does that, I go in and shut off my Wifi on my iPhone and run cellular and it loads again fine.). Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated .

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jun 6, 2022 1:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2022 1:39 PM

Check your WiFi Router / Modem for --> Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points ...

Connecting to Wifi is the first part and then getting connected to the Internet is the second

1. If you connect to Wifi, doesn't necessarily mean you are connected to the internet. If you are not connected to wifi could be a problem with iPhone settings or Router/Modem Settings
  2. If you are not connected to the internet is the sole issue of Router / Modem Settings. Contact your ISP immediately

For your Internet connection.

• Over Cellular: contact your Carrier (Cellular Service Provider). The agency who issued the SIM to you
  • Over WiFI: Contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider), the agency who provided the Internet Service on your Modem/Router to you

However --> Connect iPhone to the Internet - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2022 1:39 PM in response to ClarkCrafts

Check your WiFi Router / Modem for --> Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points ...

Connecting to Wifi is the first part and then getting connected to the Internet is the second

1. If you connect to Wifi, doesn't necessarily mean you are connected to the internet. If you are not connected to wifi could be a problem with iPhone settings or Router/Modem Settings
  2. If you are not connected to the internet is the sole issue of Router / Modem Settings. Contact your ISP immediately

For your Internet connection.

• Over Cellular: contact your Carrier (Cellular Service Provider). The agency who issued the SIM to you
  • Over WiFI: Contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider), the agency who provided the Internet Service on your Modem/Router to you

However --> Connect iPhone to the Internet - Apple Support

Wifi MacBook and Iphone issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.