Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime Photo Notification not alerting me

While I am on FaceTime I am able to take photos and the notification for both my screen and the other person’s screen comes up. However, when the other person takes a photo on their phone, it does not notify me at all. Can someone please help me fix this?

iPhone 13

Posted on Jun 6, 2022 4:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2022 11:46 AM

Hello Chris_A05,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. If you are not getting a notification when a Live Photo is taken during a FaceTime call, it is possible that the other party is taking a screenshot rather than a photo. When taking a screenshot, the other party is not notified that a picture was taken. You only get that when taking a Live Photo in FaceTime. More info on this can be found here:

Take a Live Photo in FaceTime on iPhone - Apple Support

Let us know if you have any questions.

Best regards!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 7, 2022 11:46 AM in response to Chris_A05

Hello Chris_A05,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. If you are not getting a notification when a Live Photo is taken during a FaceTime call, it is possible that the other party is taking a screenshot rather than a photo. When taking a screenshot, the other party is not notified that a picture was taken. You only get that when taking a Live Photo in FaceTime. More info on this can be found here:

Take a Live Photo in FaceTime on iPhone - Apple Support

Let us know if you have any questions.

Best regards!

FaceTime Photo Notification not alerting me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.