Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

deleting files from old mac

how to delete my data (files) from my old mac book using my iphone, for i sold it already. i forgot to delete all my files prior on selling to market. pls advise? ans help me!

iPhone X, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 6, 2022 8:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2022 8:46 PM

jei0416 Said:

"deleting files from old Mac: how to delete my data (files) from my old mac book using my iphone, for i sold it already. i forgot to delete all my files prior on selling to market. pls advise? ans help me!"

-------

Use iCloud Drive:

Did you log out of iCloud prior to selling it (which you should have)? If not, then if you hade iCloud Drive enabled, then enable it on your iPhone with the same account, and you could delete if from your iPhone that way. Elsewise, no you cannot delete them from you iPhone, remotely.

As for Next Time...

Backup Using a Computer:

Next time you want to sell a Mac, do so by performing what is on this link, including the backup. What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2022 8:46 PM in response to jei0416

jei0416 Said:

"deleting files from old Mac: how to delete my data (files) from my old mac book using my iphone, for i sold it already. i forgot to delete all my files prior on selling to market. pls advise? ans help me!"

-------

Use iCloud Drive:

Did you log out of iCloud prior to selling it (which you should have)? If not, then if you hade iCloud Drive enabled, then enable it on your iPhone with the same account, and you could delete if from your iPhone that way. Elsewise, no you cannot delete them from you iPhone, remotely.

As for Next Time...

Backup Using a Computer:

Next time you want to sell a Mac, do so by performing what is on this link, including the backup. What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

deleting files from old mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.