Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get the Apple Weather App if it's not already installed

Since DarkSky is going away I'm looking into the Free Apple Weather App which is Assimilating Dark Sky. I have the weather app on my new phone, but I cannot find it in the app store to install on my iPad. Perhaps this is because the iPad is an older one. It's running 15.5 but apparently never got the Weather App as part of the installed Apple Apps.

I've scrolled through all the weather apps on the App Store, accessing from the iPad, but no luck: it's simply not there. On my Mac computer browser, there's a claim that it exists (See attached.)

Maybe I'll try plugging the iPad into the Mac and see if I can find & download the app via iTunes or something ... (is this a silly idea or something that I've actually done before in the past and vaguely remember.)

iPad Pro 9.7-inch WiFi

Posted on Jun 7, 2022 9:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2022 9:45 AM

The Apple Weather App has never been available as a supported App for iPad - but, as of yesterday’s keynote WWDC presentation, it has been announced by Apple that the Weather App for iPad will finally arrive with release of iPadOS16 later this year.

In the meantime, iPadOS15 does have a native Weather Widget that can be installed on any of your Home Pages - or your Today View.

Alternatively, there are many third-party Apps from which to choose. Perhaps look at Windy; while some premium features require a small subscription, much of its extensive functionality is free to use:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/windy-com/id1161387262

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 7, 2022 9:45 AM in response to ConnieMcC

The Apple Weather App has never been available as a supported App for iPad - but, as of yesterday’s keynote WWDC presentation, it has been announced by Apple that the Weather App for iPad will finally arrive with release of iPadOS16 later this year.

In the meantime, iPadOS15 does have a native Weather Widget that can be installed on any of your Home Pages - or your Today View.

Alternatively, there are many third-party Apps from which to choose. Perhaps look at Windy; while some premium features require a small subscription, much of its extensive functionality is free to use:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/windy-com/id1161387262

How to get the Apple Weather App if it's not already installed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.