Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is there an autosave feature for pages on the Mac desktop app?

I'm running Monterey 12.3.1 and I can't seem to find the ability to autosave my pages doc when using the Pages for Mac desktop app - when I look at it on iCloud.com I can see the "saving icon" so I know it's not a connection issue & my vpn is off

Posted on Jun 7, 2022 2:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2022 4:42 AM

Autosave is enabled automatically by Pages for Mac once you apply the first manual save to any document. Your only indication that autosave is working will be the clear red traffic light in your open document, and otherwise, it may appear as this:

indicating content pending save. However, autosave occurs about every 10 seconds or less on a local drive when adding new content, and up to twice that if you are writing to iCloud from the Mac. There are non-Apple filesystems, network shares, and cloud services where autosave cannot function, and it may inform you of that calamity.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2022 4:42 AM in response to UghTechIsTough

Autosave is enabled automatically by Pages for Mac once you apply the first manual save to any document. Your only indication that autosave is working will be the clear red traffic light in your open document, and otherwise, it may appear as this:

indicating content pending save. However, autosave occurs about every 10 seconds or less on a local drive when adding new content, and up to twice that if you are writing to iCloud from the Mac. There are non-Apple filesystems, network shares, and cloud services where autosave cannot function, and it may inform you of that calamity.

is there an autosave feature for pages on the Mac desktop app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.