Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Create a New Apple ID & Transfer Data

I want to create a new Apple ID and transfer everything over from my old ID to my new phone, what steps should I take?

Posted on Jun 8, 2022 12:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2022 10:21 AM

I suggest you transfer the data to the new phone using the old Apple ID and when that is complete, then change the Apple ID.

See if anything here helps                   

Transfer content from an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to a new device.    *

ASC YouTube for how transfer data to a new iPhone

Quick Start to transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.  *

Use iCloud to transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch   *

Set up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.   *

ASC YouTube for how to set up a new iPhone

When changing to the new ID, there may be some data loss, but you can minimize it. If syncing photos with iCloud, ensure Optimization is turned off in Settings/Your Name/iCloud/Photos and/or in Photos/Preferences/iCloud. Then make sure full resolution photos are on the device/computer. When signing out of iCloud, if asked whether you want to retain data, choose yes. Messages conversations will be lost if they are addressed to the ID. See the article below for other places that the old ID should be removed. See Winston Churchill's response in the below discussion. If possible, also set up Family Sharing  between the IDs to keep access to your apps/purchases. 

How to switch Apple IDs on your iPhone or iPad.      

How to transfer all files from one iCloud account to another.       

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support.      

Family Sharing.         

Family Sharing - Set up.        

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2022 10:21 AM in response to Vane2jayos

I suggest you transfer the data to the new phone using the old Apple ID and when that is complete, then change the Apple ID.

See if anything here helps                   

Transfer content from an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to a new device.    *

ASC YouTube for how transfer data to a new iPhone

Quick Start to transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.  *

Use iCloud to transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch   *

Set up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.   *

ASC YouTube for how to set up a new iPhone

When changing to the new ID, there may be some data loss, but you can minimize it. If syncing photos with iCloud, ensure Optimization is turned off in Settings/Your Name/iCloud/Photos and/or in Photos/Preferences/iCloud. Then make sure full resolution photos are on the device/computer. When signing out of iCloud, if asked whether you want to retain data, choose yes. Messages conversations will be lost if they are addressed to the ID. See the article below for other places that the old ID should be removed. See Winston Churchill's response in the below discussion. If possible, also set up Family Sharing  between the IDs to keep access to your apps/purchases. 

How to switch Apple IDs on your iPhone or iPad.      

How to transfer all files from one iCloud account to another.       

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support.      

Family Sharing.         

Family Sharing - Set up.        

Jun 8, 2022 1:59 AM in response to Vane2jayos

Not sure why you want to create a new Apple ID.

Your Apple ID is the personal account you use with all Apple products and services. It includes the email address and password you use to sign in, as well as the contact, payment, and security details that you use with Apple.

You can’t merge multiple Apple ID accounts.

Read carefully what happens if you replace and/or delete your 'current' Apple ID -> How to delete your Apple ID account

How to delete your Apple ID account – Apple Support (UK)

How to Create a New Apple ID & Transfer Data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.