Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

apple ID Migration

I have two phones linked to one Apple ID. I created a second Apple ID and wish to migrate one phone to the new Apple ID. I don't know how to do that or if it's even possible. Can you help me?

iPhone 14

Posted on Apr 13, 2023 8:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2023 8:08 PM

The nstructions have you remove all the data on the phone on which you are changing your ID. You didn't say anythiing about wanting to keep the data on it. In that case, do not erase the phone but make sure you do turn off Find My for the old ID. When you sign into the new ID it will ask you if you want to merge the data for that new ID with the old data on the phone. Say yes for those items you wish to retain.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2023 8:08 PM in response to fgahern

The nstructions have you remove all the data on the phone on which you are changing your ID. You didn't say anythiing about wanting to keep the data on it. In that case, do not erase the phone but make sure you do turn off Find My for the old ID. When you sign into the new ID it will ask you if you want to merge the data for that new ID with the old data on the phone. Say yes for those items you wish to retain.

apple ID Migration

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.