Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Face ID won’t set up. It keeps telling me to lower my phone or get face in the box but it is.

All of a sudden my Face ID will not work and I cannot set it up either. It keeps telling me to move my face or lower the phone but it won’t capture my image. My face ID was working just fine but all of a sudden it just stopped.

Posted on Jun 8, 2022 6:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2022 6:48 AM

See this support article:--> If Face ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

and/or this one:--> If an alert says Face ID has been disabled on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

If, after performing all the steps provided in the above support articles, the issue persists, contact Apple Support directly, using this specific link:--> Apple Support , or make an appointment and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2022 6:48 AM in response to genny243

See this support article:--> If Face ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

and/or this one:--> If an alert says Face ID has been disabled on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

If, after performing all the steps provided in the above support articles, the issue persists, contact Apple Support directly, using this specific link:--> Apple Support , or make an appointment and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

My Face ID won’t set up. It keeps telling me to lower my phone or get face in the box but it is.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.