Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

COLOR PICKER NOt working

I'm using an M1 2020 MacBook Air, and I'm on MacOS Monterey, 12.4.

In the past I've used the color picker and it worked great. I can save my pallets and my colors. Now, I can place the color or select the colors as I'm used to, but when I close the color picker and reopen it again using an app, it doesn't have the saved colors. Also, When in the pallets I add a new pallet it gives me an error message, "The folder “Unnamed.clr” doesn’t exist." Hmm... I'm not sure where to go from here. HELP!

Posted on Jun 8, 2022 6:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2022 9:03 AM

Color palettes are saved in ~/Library/Colors.

In Finder, press Command-Shift-G and paste

~/Library/Colors

what is the content of this folder?

Also, does this problem occur only with a specific application? If so, which one?

Similar questions

4 replies

Jun 8, 2022 9:47 AM in response to Sone61

Sone61 wrote:

I'm using an M1 2020 MacBook Air, and I'm on MacOS Monterey, 12.4.
In the past I've used the color picker and it worked great. I can save my pallets and my colors. Now, I can place the color or select the colors as I'm used to, but when I close the color picker and reopen it again using an app, it doesn't have the saved colors. Also, When in the pallets I add a new pallet it gives me an error message, "The folder “Unnamed.clr” doesn’t exist." Hmm... I'm not sure where to go from here. HELP!

If this is the macOS baked in "Digital Color Meter.app" there seems to be a bug for capturing the selection.

submit your Apple Feedback Product Feedback - Apple

There are other color picker options depending on where you are.. ex. Pages, TextEdit and others >Show Colors

There are many stand alone third party options:

COLOR PICKER NOt working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.