Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic isn’t cutting regions where I apply the scissor tool

After attempting to edit some drums today I noticed that logic’s cutting and dragging tools were messing up. I had all my drum tracks in a logic group and I had the ‘editing’ box ticked meaning if edit one track it would do the same edit to all the tracks in that group. When I used the scissor tool to cut a track it wouldn’t cut the track in the place I applied the scissors to and all the tracks in the group would cut at different places. You can see this in the photo I’ve attached, When I tried to drag the regions into alignment they would snap to random places. This is truly making me question my future use of logic. If they can’t even get the cutting and dragging down I’m not sure there’s much hope.

Posted on Jun 8, 2022 11:09 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Jun 12, 2022 6:53 AM in response to yianni48

This is truly making me question my future use of logic

Hi, what are the "Snap" settings for this project? Could you make a screenshot, like the one below:

I'd assume this might happen as Logic is trying to use "Smart" snapping based on the transients present in the newly-formed regions as you make a cut, and it results in what your screenshot displays. To avoid that, you could set snapping to "Bar" or "Beat" instead of "Smart" and / or tick "Snap Regions to Absolute Value" instead of "Snap Regions to Relative Value".

Logic isn’t cutting regions where I apply the scissor tool

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.