Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using iPhone 13 texting is very slow

Using iPhone 13 Pro texting is very slow or sometimes not responding

Posted on Jun 8, 2022 1:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2022 4:15 AM

Exact Same here! Any fix????

For me I begin a new text message on my iPhone 13proMax (Wi-Fi or cell connection doesn’t matter) and there is a 6-10 second delay in the ‘To’ field when typing the persons name. Just started happening the last 2months Very annoying.

38 replies

Aug 24, 2022 11:07 AM in response to MikeTrifiro1

Same here. Happens when I try to share stuff from TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, etc. I prompt to share, the native Messages app pops up, I start to type the person’s name and there’s at least a 3-4 second gap (sometimes more) before it auto-populates the contacts. Sometimes the keyboard disappears while I’m waiting so I can’t even fix if I’ve made a typo. Very frustrating.

Jun 9, 2022 12:55 PM in response to raul1217

Hi raul217,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having an issue with messaging on your iPhone 13 Pro. We'd like to know more so we can help.

When you say that texting is slow, are you referring to the typing speed or the time it takes to send and/or receive the message? Are you seeing this behavior in the Messages app only or another app you use to text? Does it happen when you're connected to Wi-Fi, cellular, or both? Knowing these things can help us isolate the issue so we can create the best plan to help.

In the meantime, this resource may help you get the issue resolved if it's connected to just one app: If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open - Apple Support

Let us know those details, and if that last step helped, and we'll continue from there.

Aug 31, 2022 12:06 PM in response to raul1217

I have this same problem. I just noticed that recently my camera is on when I am using messages (the self facing camera light is on). I'm wondering if this is slowing it down. I don't want to disable my camera for taking pictures to send to people, but it doesn't need to be recording my face while I am typing messages. My guess is this may be the delay, but I can't figure out how to stop that.

Using iPhone 13 texting is very slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.