Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stainless steel Apple Watch 7 only available with cellular

I understand that the stainless steel series 7 watch is only available with cellular.

Other than the unnecessary extra cost 😕, are there any issues to be considered when not using the cellular function? 🤔

Will the watch work (connect to iPhone, etc) like the regular GPS only watch?

I want the stainless steel version to get the better glass. 💁‍♂️

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Jun 8, 2022 5:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2022 5:25 PM

Hi there.

Before upgrading my Apple Watch a year ago, I was using a Series 3 with Cellular and I didn't have a cellular plan for it. It worked just like my current GPS only watch when near my iPhone. Obviously, without cellular once it is out of range from your iPhone it no longer will receive calls, texts, and notifications. But it is completely fine to use without the cellular plan when your iPhone is nearby.

Let me know if this answered your question.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2022 5:25 PM in response to SdeGat

Hi there.

Before upgrading my Apple Watch a year ago, I was using a Series 3 with Cellular and I didn't have a cellular plan for it. It worked just like my current GPS only watch when near my iPhone. Obviously, without cellular once it is out of range from your iPhone it no longer will receive calls, texts, and notifications. But it is completely fine to use without the cellular plan when your iPhone is nearby.

Let me know if this answered your question.

Stainless steel Apple Watch 7 only available with cellular

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.