Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to contact an Apple Customer Care representative?

Is it possible to reach a customer care representative over a live chat?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 8, 2022 5:03 PM

52 replies

Jul 27, 2022 9:42 AM in response to Simlevy

This is not a chat service, and is not a way to communicate directly with Apple; it is a user-to-user technical support forum. If you have a question or issue that you think another user can help you with please describe it in as much detail as you can and a user who sees your request and thinks they can help will answer, but that might not be immediate; it could be hours later. Here is some advice on how to do that effectively→Writing an effective Apple Support Communities post.

If you want to contact Apple use the Get Support link at the top of this page or call Apple by choosing a number from this list→Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Nov 10, 2022 8:52 AM in response to joeandsue1974

For an iPad it doesn’t make much difference. Note, however, that Amazon is not an authorized reseller, but Best Buy is. For an iPhone you should always buy directly from Apple, because only Apple-sold iPhones come carrier unlocked (“SIM free”).

I suggest posting in the MacBook air forum for help with Touch ID→MacBook Air - Apple Community

Sep 14, 2022 6:10 PM in response to farschin

To update over the air from the phone all of these requirements must be met:

• You need at least 6 GB of free storage
  • You must be connected to a Wi-Fi network (and not a personal hotspot) unless it is an iPhone 12 or 13 series or an SE 3rd edition with an active 5G network connection
  • The phone must be charged to at least 50%, and preferably plugged in so it stays above 50% during the update
  • The phone must not be in Low Power Mode
  • The phone must not be connected through VPN, and it may be necessary to delete any VPN apps and VPN profiles
  • The phone cannot be in Airplane mode
  • You cannot still have a beta version installed on the phone
  • You cannot have a previous version that was downloaded, but not installed - go to Settings/General/iPhone Storage to look; if you find an iOS installer, delete it

If you can't meet all of them you can still update using your computer.

Sep 2, 2022 7:58 AM in response to Jillblankenship

If you think it’s the lightning cord, replace it. But to know which cord your Air uses you need to check the model name, or take the cable that came with it to an Apple (or other electronics) store and say you want the same cable.

If it is a 4th generation it uses a USB-C to USB-C cable or a USB-C to USB-A cable. Either will work. (The iPad end contacts will not be visible).

If it is older than 4th generation it uses a Lightning to USB-A cable. (the iPad cable end will have visible contacts)

Sep 23, 2022 11:28 AM in response to Riedarh

Hello, I was wondering if there is a way to access a Mac that was on find my? someone has signed in and made it so my Mac is not showing anywhere on find my. I believe someone has turned of find my Mac services. even though this has happened I can still tell that someone is messing around with my files. I have reset my Apple ID password and do not know what to do next.

How to contact an Apple Customer Care representative?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.