Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I turn on Water Lock, do the RF communications that drain the battery turn off (Bluetooth and cellular)?

When I swim, my iwatch battery dies sooner. If I swim for 1hr, my iwatch will have gone through low power mode and died. I start every swim by starting an Outdoor Swim event which puts the watch in Water Lock. While this locks the screen, I wonder if the Bluetooth and Cellular communications are still on and consuming lots of energy to try to get a signal through the water. The iwatch is unable to reach the phone which I’m not wearing in the water. The battery drain while I’m swimming has a similar rate to that when I’m running without my iPhone nearby

Apple Watch

Posted on Jun 8, 2022 7:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2022 4:36 AM

The water lock only locks your screen so it doesn't react to the water and it forces water out of the speakers when unlocking it. Bluetooth and cellular will stay enabled unless you put your watch in Airplane mode.

How to use Water Lock and eject water from your Apple Watch - Apple Support

1 reply

When I turn on Water Lock, do the RF communications that drain the battery turn off (Bluetooth and cellular)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.