Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

custom domain on iCloud

What is the cost of using a custom domain on iCloud.com? I understand I must "subscribe" to iCloud+ in order to use my custom domain for email via iCloud.

I'm using gmail now with my domain and Google recently said for personal use they are now not going to charge with the (mandatory) migration from G Suite legacy to Google Workspace. I can continue using up to 20 emails for free as long as I'm a personal user (not business) and I do now want to use any of the other Workspace features.

Thanks

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Jun 9, 2022 12:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2022 9:01 AM

Thanks tanner, yes, I have my domain registered with a separate registrar. So I'll check out the + subscription options. Maybe the storage subscription I already have qualifies me (?).

Hopefully Apple matches Google's free offer but that's a bit of a long shot I realize. The free option with Google is nice but seems to drag issues into my Apple environment which has recently expanded with the purchase of a MacBook Air as I dropped Windows which I've been groomed on the previous 40+ years of the working world..... retirement is wonderful!!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 9, 2022 9:01 AM in response to tannerl2

Thanks tanner, yes, I have my domain registered with a separate registrar. So I'll check out the + subscription options. Maybe the storage subscription I already have qualifies me (?).

Hopefully Apple matches Google's free offer but that's a bit of a long shot I realize. The free option with Google is nice but seems to drag issues into my Apple environment which has recently expanded with the purchase of a MacBook Air as I dropped Windows which I've been groomed on the previous 40+ years of the working world..... retirement is wonderful!!

Jun 9, 2022 8:16 AM in response to Samathison

I had the same thing happen with my family’s domain. Google told us it was being retired and now they’ve said personal users can keep it. For us, we decided to move our domain to iCloud. To use the domain on iCloud, you have to have one of any of the iCloud+ plans.

Of course, you’ll have to have a domain through a registrar, too. The only cost with Apple is the cost of whatever iCloud+ plan you pick—you can’t use the free version of iCloud. There is no added cost for using the domain with iCloud.

custom domain on iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.