Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Notifications/Sounds are Extremely Loud When Connected to Homepod

When my iPhone is streaming music to the Homepod, any sounds played locally on the phone (SMS/Whatsapp notifications, keyboard typing clicks) are at TOP volume on the phone. It does not appear that adjusting any local volume on the phone helps.

I have seen several other complaints about this issue spanning back a couple of years, so this is apparently a larger issue than my phone or my Homepod.

Has anyone found a solution for this?

iPhone 13

Posted on Jun 9, 2022 2:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2022 12:01 PM

Thanks for replying, Lennys26, and that additional info. Since you tested with a different Bluetooth speaker and didn't have the same issue, the next step is to reset your HomePod Reset HomePod - Apple Support and then setup again and test your issue again. If you are still having the same issue after following those steps, please contact Apple directly for further help.

Apple Support

Have a great day and thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2022 12:01 PM in response to Lennys26

Thanks for replying, Lennys26, and that additional info. Since you tested with a different Bluetooth speaker and didn't have the same issue, the next step is to reset your HomePod Reset HomePod - Apple Support and then setup again and test your issue again. If you are still having the same issue after following those steps, please contact Apple directly for further help.

Apple Support

Have a great day and thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

Jun 10, 2022 8:48 AM in response to Lennys26

Hey Lennys26,

Does this only happen when connected to your HomePod or when using other speakers and headphones too? If it only happens when you're connected to the HomePod make sure your iPhone is updated and then your HomePod as updating can resolve odd issues:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Update HomePod - Apple Support

Let's also double-check Settings > Sound & Haptics > Change with Buttons is set to your preference.

Keep us posted.

Take care!

iPhone Notifications/Sounds are Extremely Loud When Connected to Homepod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.