Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

7th gen iPad compatibility with 1st gen Apple Pencil?

Hello Smart People,

i have 7e generation iPad that i want to use for writing text with my Apple pencil 1e gen.

The writing works in notes, but i want to use the automatic convert to digital text. But this does not work at all. i tried apple support but they cant help because they don't know.

Can somebody help me?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 9, 2022 2:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2022 2:51 AM

Not all Apps support Scribble - this being the feature that converts handwritten text. Support for Scribble capabilities must be added by the respective App Developer.

If specific Apps that you use do not support Scribble features, consider contacting the App Developer - and ask about support being added:

How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 9, 2022 2:51 AM in response to Patrickipad7e

Not all Apps support Scribble - this being the feature that converts handwritten text. Support for Scribble capabilities must be added by the respective App Developer.

If specific Apps that you use do not support Scribble features, consider contacting the App Developer - and ask about support being added:

How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

Jun 9, 2022 3:46 AM in response to Patrickipad7e

Having just tested Scribble with Notes - I can confirm that, in iPadOS 15.5, the Handwriting Tool appears to be missing from the Notes App.

As such, I can only suggest that this is a recently introduced software bug - that you are unlikely to resolve yourself.

You would be beet advised to submit a Bug Report to Apple using the Product Feedback portal:

Feedback - iPad - Apple

7th gen iPad compatibility with 1st gen Apple Pencil?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.