You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Series 7 Black Screen

Every 2-3 days, I wake up to a black screen after charging overnight. I’ve been able to fix it by force restarting it, but it seems to take way longer than it should, and it’s getting to be a pain. Is there anything I can do to make it less frequent?

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Jun 9, 2022 6:59 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2022 8:05 AM

Black screen possible fixes;

A common reason why an Apple Watch face becomes black and unresponsive is that the Watch isn’t charged. Try placing your Apple Watch on its charger to see if it comes back to life.

Simultaneously press and hold the digital crown and side button until the Apple logo appears on the screen. You may have to hold both buttons for 20–30 seconds before the Apple logo appears, so be patient.

Open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap Accessibility/VoiceOver.

Make sure the switch next to VoiceOver is off. Then, scroll down the page and make sure the switch next to Screen Curtain is off.

And as a last resort unpair and repair the watch and setup as new not from a backup.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 9, 2022 8:05 AM in response to GokaiK

Black screen possible fixes;

A common reason why an Apple Watch face becomes black and unresponsive is that the Watch isn’t charged. Try placing your Apple Watch on its charger to see if it comes back to life.

Simultaneously press and hold the digital crown and side button until the Apple logo appears on the screen. You may have to hold both buttons for 20–30 seconds before the Apple logo appears, so be patient.

Open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap Accessibility/VoiceOver.

Make sure the switch next to VoiceOver is off. Then, scroll down the page and make sure the switch next to Screen Curtain is off.

And as a last resort unpair and repair the watch and setup as new not from a backup.

Apple Watch Series 7 Black Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.