Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch screen turning black

I have always on in the settings and the battery life is normal and the watch still goes to black - how do I fix? I have powered off and back on and charged

Apple Watch Series 7, watchOS 8

Posted on Aug 12, 2022 10:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2022 11:01 AM

It could be that you have selected the option that always on is deactivated. So it changes to dark.

check this

How to enable or disable the always-on display on the Apple Watch:

Go to the settings on the Apple Watch.

Select the "Display and brightness" section.

The option is called "Always on" in watchOS. Tap on the entry to turn the "Always on" function on or off.

Under "Show complications", "Show averages" and "Show apps", you can select what should be displayed on the "Always on" screen. You can also deactivate the display for individual apps.

you also can have a look in Fokus. Here you can set up how the watch will be displayed.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2022 11:01 AM in response to Mrokircredsz

It could be that you have selected the option that always on is deactivated. So it changes to dark.

check this

How to enable or disable the always-on display on the Apple Watch:

Go to the settings on the Apple Watch.

Select the "Display and brightness" section.

The option is called "Always on" in watchOS. Tap on the entry to turn the "Always on" function on or off.

Under "Show complications", "Show averages" and "Show apps", you can select what should be displayed on the "Always on" screen. You can also deactivate the display for individual apps.

you also can have a look in Fokus. Here you can set up how the watch will be displayed.

Apple Watch screen turning black

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.