Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 2020 M1 Battery

How is this possible?!!!

i charged it to 92%, restarted it and it shows 95% charge! how?

Posted on Jun 9, 2022 9:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2022 9:32 AM

Heated pretty fast under what conditions? Charging generates heat. Using it to do anything graphic intensive, such as playing a game, watching a video, streaming content, content creation, etc., generates heat.

9 replies

Jun 9, 2022 9:37 AM in response to mounota1

mounota1 wrote:

I have never seen this on any other device. I am still skeptical about how the Mac battery works. The battery gets heated pretty fast.

The computer's power/charging system manages the battery very well without your intervention. Leave the computer plugged in when needed or whenever convenient to do so. Leaving the computer plugged in will not damage the computer or the battery. It appears you are worrying about something that the computer can handle. There is no need for you to micromanage the power.charging system.

If indeed, the battery is "overheating", have the computer examined by an authorized service center.

Macbook Pro 2020 M1 Battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.