Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to play purchased & downloaded iTunes music on laptop.

1 - I cannot authorize my Lenovo laptop to play certain songs that I purchased and downloaded from the iTunes website. I have reauthorized my Lenovo laptop more times than I can count, nothing changed.

2 - If I deauthorize the laptop and reauthorize it, will it mess up my various playlist?

3 - I recently copied my iTunes library from a dated computer tower to a Lenovo laptop using a flash drive. For some reason each song was duplicated and also some of the videos. I don't see how to eliminate the duplicates without erasing my library.

4 - When I first got my now dated (PRODUCT) RED iPod, the music list had a check box if you didn't want to sync certain songs. My iPod software has been updated. Where is the check/uncheck option now?

iPod Touch (5th Gen)

Posted on Jun 9, 2022 9:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2022 10:13 AM

Repeated requests to authorize an already authorized computer for store downloads typically indicates you have corrupt or incomplete copies. Backup and then delete the tracks that won't play from your library without hiding from your purchase history. Redownload using the cloud links that should remain, or close iTunes and reopen if they don't show up straight away. While downloading click the activity widget and turn off the option that allows for simultaneous downloads.

If that hasn't helped see If iTunes for Windows prompts you to authorize your computer when you try to play purchases - Apple Support.

Deauthorizing and reauthorizing will not affect the content of your library or playlists.

See Duplicate songs in iTunes - Apple Community.

There should be an option on the device's summary tab that excludes unchecked songs from syncing. If you sync with selected playlists then only the content you want to be included will be copied over.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 9, 2022 10:13 AM in response to help4mepleeze

Repeated requests to authorize an already authorized computer for store downloads typically indicates you have corrupt or incomplete copies. Backup and then delete the tracks that won't play from your library without hiding from your purchase history. Redownload using the cloud links that should remain, or close iTunes and reopen if they don't show up straight away. While downloading click the activity widget and turn off the option that allows for simultaneous downloads.

If that hasn't helped see If iTunes for Windows prompts you to authorize your computer when you try to play purchases - Apple Support.

Deauthorizing and reauthorizing will not affect the content of your library or playlists.

See Duplicate songs in iTunes - Apple Community.

There should be an option on the device's summary tab that excludes unchecked songs from syncing. If you sync with selected playlists then only the content you want to be included will be copied over.

tt2

Unable to play purchased & downloaded iTunes music on laptop.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.