Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

'Library' is not available in Side Bar of Photos

I am running Catalina on a MacBook Pro (10.15.7). The problem I'm having is that in Photos, the item 'Library' is not visible in the sidebar. This problem is discussed in a previous topic from earlier in the year and I am bringing up up again since no one has responded in a while. The previous topic here:

Photos does not show up under library or … - Apple Community

If I right-click a photo and select Show in All Photos, I can see all my photos. But the selection of Days, Weeks, Months, Years is not available at the top of the windows as expected.

Does anyone have more info on why this is occurring and how to fix it? I have other versions later version of MacOS running on other system, but none of them have these features available. What have I done to these system to cause this?

I have looked at many other info on the web for ideas and scoured all the setting I can think of and verified they are what others have posted that they should be. So unless I've misinterpreted something,...

Thank you in advance of any insight into what is happening. Here is a screenshot of my SideBar:

Posted on Jun 9, 2022 10:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2022 11:23 AM

Hi

Check you are not running in safe mode

(Apple symbol top left of menu bar>about this mac>system report>software>bootmode (should be 'normal')

If it is in safe mode restart normally.

If not, restart in safe mode, then try again, then restart normally and try.

3 replies

Jun 9, 2022 11:19 AM in response to caedmon65

Thank you for the very quick reply. As you know doing a reinstall is a drastic action, which I try to avoid, if possible.

Although, I'm in the process of doing that. in the mean time are there any other things I can look into? I've very good at digging into the bowels of Macs. So if you have pointers to more detailed things to look at, I'm all ears.

'Library' is not available in Side Bar of Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.