Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Surface Book 3 on Windows 10 will not connect to Hotspot New iPad Pro 3 GEN on 15.5 OS

-Just replaced my older iPad on 14.x OS with a new iPad Pro 3 Generation and now my Surface Book 3 (12 months old) cannot even connect to it as a Hotspot. It just spins and spins trying to connect with no message.

-I had no problems with the older iPad. Spent an hour with internet provider to troubleshoot and they said I needed to Updated the iPad Pro to the latest Operating System. Did that and I can't even see the iPad on the network now.

-Any iPhone and Android can connect to the Hotspot on the new iPad Pro but not my Surface Book 3.

-I went to Apple Store and they reset the the network on the iPad. We tested and other devices could connect to the Hotspot iPad except my Surface Book 3.

-While in the Apple store, I updated the Surface driver. I also did a Windows 10 update. I didn't want to upgrade to Windows 11 yet without doing a backup of my data.

-Rebootted both devices. Changed Hotspot password. Change name of iPad device. Rebooted again and again. Repeated and repeated.

-I am on windows 10. I can connect to any other device or wifi including my daughter's iPhone 15.x OS.

What do I do as this is a new birthday gift and I use the iPad as a backup for work when my power goes out (which it did due to a power outage 5 minutes before a customer presentation).

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jun 9, 2022 4:58 PM

8 replies

Jun 12, 2022 3:23 PM in response to lobsterghost1

Well, I did spend a good 2 hours with MS Support and they were stumped well taking control of my computer. We did everything except a factory reset and there was no way would I allow that. I had work to do and decided to not spend anymore time on this nonsense. Two days later I decided that I would attempt connecting with my work 6 month old Dynabook (formerly Toshiba) and it could not connect either.

Jun 12, 2022 3:55 PM in response to mykingdomx

I hope your hard work on this helps others as well! One thing I do when I get any new device is immediately change its name from the previous device. In thinking about your situation, I'm sorry it wasn't something which came to my mind to suggest. But the good news is you figured it out, something neither Apple nor Microsoft was able to do! So good on you!

Surface Book 3 on Windows 10 will not connect to Hotspot New iPad Pro 3 GEN on 15.5 OS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.