Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not able to hotspot iPhone 6SE to Surface Pro laptap

For some reason my iPhone 6SE (purchased Jan 2018) no longer hotspots to my SurfacePro (5th generation) laptop computer (albeit it used to a while ago!).

I have no problem hotspotting other mobile phones to the laptop - their respective name designations show up in the list of available detectable devices in the Network/Internet screen every time. But when I try to hotspot the 6SE, the name designation of my phone does not appear in the selection list?

I often work away from a home/office internet connection and therefore need the inbuilt modem in the iPhone to connect the computer to the web. Does anyone know solution how to fix this. Or have recent Apple updates on my iPhone rendered this capability inoperative?

iPhone SE, iOS 12

Posted on May 20, 2019 12:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2019 5:12 AM

Thanks so much - this seems to have solved the problem One thing I did notice was that in settings (on the iPhone), I had 3 listings for my MS Surface Pro each with a different version of Windows. I deleted the two listings for the earlier versions of Windows, leaving just the latest version, rebooted the iPhone and then voila, my iPhone can once again hotspot to my laptop!

Thanks again, much obliged.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2019 5:12 AM in response to miskeecare

Thanks so much - this seems to have solved the problem One thing I did notice was that in settings (on the iPhone), I had 3 listings for my MS Surface Pro each with a different version of Windows. I deleted the two listings for the earlier versions of Windows, leaving just the latest version, rebooted the iPhone and then voila, my iPhone can once again hotspot to my laptop!

Thanks again, much obliged.

Not able to hotspot iPhone 6SE to Surface Pro laptap

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.