Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Device used for location in Focus

When I set a focus for a particular location on my phone it says location determined by location of iPad and I cannot see how to change this to my iPhone. Any ideas. It used to work from my iPhone but now doesn’t do so.

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Jun 10, 2022 1:20 AM

3 replies

Jun 11, 2022 7:42 PM in response to justin_900

HI - unfortunately above did not help but I called Apple support and eventually discovered that when going to Privacy settings, Location services, Share my location for some reason my iphone was using my ipad location for my location and vice versa on ipad. Altered My location for iphone to this iphone and hopefully that has solved the issue. Appears to be a system issue.

Jun 11, 2022 11:26 AM in response to Sal53

Hello Sal53,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We see you viewed the Apple Support page for Use Focus on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Does the same thing happen if you create a new focus on your iPhone? What if you restart both devices and try again after?

Let’s also check for any pending iOS updates, which can help make sure the software is working as expected. This Apple Support page can help get those updates installed: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Device used for location in Focus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.