Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Focus Mode Location Is Determined By iPhone 6 Spare Phone

I've just updated my iPhone 12 Pro Max to iOS 15 and was playing around with FOcus Mode when I discovered that the location automation setting shows a message that says location is determined by the location of (iPhone 6).

I've tried to disable Share Across Devices, deleting the location automation and re-creating it, creating a new focus, restarting my phone, turn off my iPhone 6, and the same message still shows.

I've chatted with Apple support and they couldn't help, so I have been scheduled for a call by a senior technician.

Anyone else having this issue?

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 7:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2021 5:08 PM

I managed to solve this problem myself when Apple phone support had no clue.

Go to settings -> privacy -> location services -> share my location

You will probably see that My Location is set to another device. Just change it to This Device. I have no idea how this gets set to other devices but my guess is that when I got the new phone, I used the bring new device near to old device for auto setup function.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2021 5:08 PM in response to CombatCameraman

I managed to solve this problem myself when Apple phone support had no clue.

Go to settings -> privacy -> location services -> share my location

You will probably see that My Location is set to another device. Just change it to This Device. I have no idea how this gets set to other devices but my guess is that when I got the new phone, I used the bring new device near to old device for auto setup function.

Oct 26, 2021 3:17 AM in response to benlhy

Had a call with Apple phone support and was told there were no reports of anything similar to my case. Was told to update to iOS 15.1 and the issue still occurred. I then decided to sign out from my iPhone 6 and now it says ...location is determined by the location of .

Yup. Just a blank space now but still not showing the location correctly.

There's basically no solution. I've been told to call back and ask to speak with a senior technician in 24hrs.

Focus Mode Location Is Determined By iPhone 6 Spare Phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.