Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Parent child account

Yes can you restrict messages ?

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 10, 2022 5:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2022 5:32 AM

Hi there!

Yes, there is a screen time option for messages

That would be the Communication Limits

Control who your children can communicate with throughout the day and during downtime. These limits apply to Phone, FaceTime, Messages, and iCloud contacts. This is also where you can decide and manage which contacts are available on an Apple Watch paired through Family Setup. Communication to known emergency numbers identified by your iPhone or Apple Watch cellular carrier is always allowed. You need to have your iCloud contacts enabled to use this feature.

Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2022 5:32 AM in response to GeniusD33

Hi there!

Yes, there is a screen time option for messages

That would be the Communication Limits

Control who your children can communicate with throughout the day and during downtime. These limits apply to Phone, FaceTime, Messages, and iCloud contacts. This is also where you can decide and manage which contacts are available on an Apple Watch paired through Family Setup. Communication to known emergency numbers identified by your iPhone or Apple Watch cellular carrier is always allowed. You need to have your iCloud contacts enabled to use this feature.

Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Jun 10, 2022 5:27 AM in response to GeniusD33

The mother of my daugther recently changed her icloud name and now I’m having trouble communicating with my daugther! She was able to FaceTime me before and keep my messages now when she keeps a message it prompts that she kept a message from month prior and than the it goes away the prompt! Very weird need to know if my ex wife is my. Access or being the 3rd party middle man and basically not letting certain messages go through

Parent child account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.